pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Day at the park...


Today my boyfriend and I went to Tropical world and Roundhay park in Leeds. Here are a few pictures from the day -


Roundhay Park Mansion 






Tropical world is a gorgeous indoor tropical garden, they have a large collection of exotic plants and  animals (shown in the pictures) such as Meerkats,bats and snakes etc. This is such a lovely attraction for anybody, a huge plus point is that it's boiling inside and at times you feel as though you've been transported to the Caribbean. Living in the countryside I see farm animals constantly but the animals in Tropical world are so unusual and fascinating, I have been here 2 times this month and it never gets boring. The price of admission is extremely reasonable also at just £3.40 for adults and £2.30 for kids which is far from the prices at many zoos where you have to walk around outside freezing all day (British weather Yuk) .

Roundhay Park (situated across the road from Tropical world), is a beautiful public park covering over 700 acres of parkland, lakes and woodland. I generally tend to just walk anywhere as I've been going to the park since I was young, however there are several marked paths and trails to follow which make for a lovely walk on a sunny day (always better with a dog). Roundhay park are the grounds of The Mansion which is a listed classical building that is currently used as a venue for weddings and other events. Additionally there is a restaurant/cafe called The Garden Room, I haven't eaten there in the evening but iv'e been there in the day many times and it is such a nice, picturesque place to get tea and scones after a walk in the park.   

1 comment:

  1. aww do you school in Leeds?

    http://roseanneatthecarrefour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog, I appreciate all of your comments :)
Misha x